What’s a cookie?
- A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyze traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
- Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
- Cookies are either:
– Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
– Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
- Cookies can also be categorized as follows:
– Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and/or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
– Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
– Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on user’s browser or their computer’s hard drive if they agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to user’s computer’s hard drive.
Types of cookies and how we use them
We perform cookie scans on our website on a regular basis and maintain our cookie list updated. We classify cookies in four categories:
Necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable website visitors to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
ID used to identify users
ID used to identify users
Used to set and get tracking data
ID used to identify users for 24 hours after last activity
Preferences cookies. These are used to recognize users when they return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for them and remember their preferences (for example, their choice of language or region).
Marketing cookies. These cookies record users’ visits to our website, the pages they have visited and the links they have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to our website visitors interests.
Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers
Depending on user’s location, they will be able to opt-out from each cookie category (except necessary cookies) by clicking on the “set custom permission” in the cookie banner of our website.